Based in Dallas Fort Worth, Texas
Quarter 3, 2015
DescriptionRay’s the Dead is a game where YOU are the leader of the zombie army. It’s story driven gameplay will challenge you with a satisfying blend of action, tactics, puzzle, stealth, and adventure, all rolled into one fresh gaming experience. Sneak, smash, laugh, and moan your way through the last hurrah of the 1980’s as you take on the role of Ray, the newly risen zombie. Along the way you’ll discover who Ray really is, how he ended up dead, and most curiously, what is this giant lightbulb contraption sticking out of his head! You’ll make fantastic new friends as you build a diverse zombie army to crush your human opponents. Ray’s the dead will take you on an adventure unlike any you’ve seen before as you experience his fun and exciting tale! This a zombie game with real brraaains and heart.
HistoryRay’s the Dead began its life during a casual conversation about what made Stubb's the Zombie a cool game and what it could have done better. Chris and Matt worked at Wideload Games, the studio that developed Stubb's the Zombie, and thus have a particular passion for the game. When the two meshed their favorite elements of Stubb's and Pikmin, a character centric strategy game in which the player controls a swarm of creatures, magic was made.
- YOU are the zombie - That's right, this is your rare opportunity to side with the zombies and experience their side of the story.
- Create and Control a Zombie Army - You'll start the game as a single lonely zombie, Ray. You won’t be lonely for long as you grow your army adding many interesting friends along the way.
- Recreate Your Favorite Zombie Scenarios - Set up ambushes in all manner of places by hiding your zombies in unusual places and have them spring out on unsuspecting humans at your command!
- Visually Refreshing Art Style - Combine the charm of hand drawn 2D characters with the beauty of detailed 3d modeled environments and you have the recipe for Ray’s the Dead’s unique look.
- Convert Humans to be Your Minions - Killing different types of humans you kill directly corresponds to the resulting zombies' capabilities.
- Engaging Story - Ray's story is an adventure that the player will experience as they traverse the world and meet its many memorable inhabitants
- Interactive Storytelling Elements - Unique playable flashbacks keep you in the game as you find out more about Ray’s past. You'll be surprised at what you'll experience!
Ray's the Dead Gameplay trailer YouTube
Awards & Recognition
Ray's the Dead has not received any awards or recognitions yet. Please check back later to see if things change.
- "I was just about ready to hand over my wallet."
- Patrick Hancock, Destructoid
- "My top 5 games of PAXEast: Contrast, Ray's The Dead, Super Time Force, The Wonderful 101, and Transistor."
- Kyle McIntosh, BeefJack.com
- " Interview with Todd Kenreck of NBC news"
- , NBC News
- "I played Ray's The dead and I am mesmerized by it! The gameplay was spot on for being a early demo, and the thought that went into this game is superb. I found it Friday at PAX EAST but couldn't play as I was In Ghostbusters Gear, but was able to try the full demo on Saturday and wow I am blown away, can't wait to get my hands on it!"
- A cool cat on our Greenlight Page, Greenlight
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Ragtag Studio
Ragtag Studio is an independent game development company founded in 2011. The team is comprised of friends and industry veterans, Matt Carter, Chris Cobb, and Shawn Halwes.
More information on Ragtag Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Ray's the Dead Credits
Art Direction and Design
Level Creation and Design
Programming and Design